Pune is the second most developed city of Maharashtra state. It is just 60 kilometers away from the commercial capital Mumbai city. Pune is always defined as a cultural capital of Maharashtra. This city is situated on the western part of India. It is also an industrial hub of multinational companies. Many good and popular educational institutions are situated in this city. Pune city is well connected to many big and small cities of India through roadways as many state and national highways pass through Pune.
Due to so much of development many people come to this city for their education and to seek jobs. Pune city has many good and comfortable hotels to stay during your visit. To know more about hotels in Pune click on the given link below:
Facts about Pune City:
- Country: India
- State: Maharashtra
- District: Pune
- Area: 450.69 km2 (174.01 sq mi)
- Latitude & Longitude: 18.5203° N, 73.8567° E
- Population: 5049968 as Census 2011
- Pin code: 411001
- Language: Marathi, Hindi, Guajarati, English
- Official Languages: Marathi
- Literacy Rate: 86.15% as Census January 2011
- Sex Ratio: 915/1000
- Religion: Hinduism, Muslim, Budhist, Jainis, Christian
- Festivals: Ganesh Festival, Pune Festival, Shivaji Maharaj Jayanti
- Education: Indian Institute of Science Education and Research, Pune (IISER, Pune), University of Pune, Film and Television Institute Pune
- Sports: Athletics, cricket, basketball, badminton, field hockey, football, tennis, kabaddi, Paragliding, kho-kho, rowing and chess, Pune International Marathon, Pune Football Club, Pune Warriors India
- Airport: Pune International Airport
- Tourist Attractions: Shaniwar Wada, Dagadusheth Halwai Ganapati Temple, Raja Dinkar Kelkar Museum, Saras Baug, Parvati Hill, Osho Ashram, Vishrambaug Wada, Bund Garden, Pune
- Nearby Tourist Attractions: Mahabaleshwar, Diveagar, Matheran, Kashid Beach, Lonavala, Alibaug, Panchgani.
You will get everything what you want in this city. It is an ideal city of India. So plan a trip to this cultural capital of Maharashtra with your family and friends.